We’re changing ABA, and you can help us do it! Guiding Technologies is a Temple University spin-out dedicated to radically improving the delivery of ABA-based therapy to individuals with autism. Our product, GAINS™ (Guidance, Assessment and Information System), uses our unique haptic feedback system to act as a virtual assistant for staff and clinicians. This transformative technology uses a sophisticated data model and filtering agents to automatically track student progress and provide real-time guidance to staff. It gathers granular data while automatically providing staff with the appropriate ABA program to work on. A robust reporting suite allows clinicians to monitor and manage programs remotely on a daily basis. GAINS™ doesn’t replace the clinician, it replaces the binder, taking care of routine work and allowing the clinician to focus on the student. As a result, GAINS™ improves the quality of ABA-based instruction, leading to more children joining the mainstream.
Join us! As part of our product development and launch effort we are looking for an experienced ABA clinician (BCBA desirable) to join our company as a part-time Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. You will act as the primary source of ABA knowledge within the company. Hours are flexible and most work will be done remotely, with occasional meetings at company’s or customer’s offices. Specific duties include:
- Act as internal reference for all things ABA, ranging from management questions about ABA theory, to insight on insurance, to the structure of the market, to improvement of reports included in GAINS™.
- Assist the ABA Program Management team in translating behavioral theory into guidance provided by GAINS™. This requires careful, thoughtful work to provide precise, concise and accurate guidance that GAINS™ will deliver.
- Assist with product demos (remotely via screen share) for potential customers.
- Assist with development of promotional materials, development of training materials for both internal and external use, and testing of GAINS™.
- Attend 5-7 conferences per year as part of the GT team.
- Estimated 5-10 hours per week (conference attendance would entail additional hours)
- First-hand experience with delivering ABA therapy to children/adults on the ASD spectrum as a clinician: you need to understand how ABA therapy delivery works in the real world and how GAINSTM will make it better. BCBA desirable.
- Comfort with technology (PC, tablet, smart phone): you’ll need to understand how to set up and modify ABA therapy plans using GAINSTM. Experience with instructional software systems would be a plus.
Salary: Part-time; $40 – $50/hour, based on qualifications, with potential to move to full-time in the future.
Contact: Please send cover letter and resume if interested to Adrian Trevisan: email@example.com.
Print/pdf: Download job description (pdf)