Who is Guiding Technologies?
Guiding Technologies (GT) is a spinoff of Temple University, funded by The National Science Foundation (NSF) and National Institutes of Health (NIH). Temple behavior and computer scientists are collaborating to solve key problems in ABA service delivery. More than just data collection software, GAINS (Guidance, assessment and Information System) is an intelligent ABA support system that guides and coaches instructors through complex ABA programs to improve program fidelity. With a simple, user-friendly interface, GAINS reduces instructor training requirements, overcomes record-keeping challenges, and keeps the focus on the learner.
What is GAINS®?
GAINS® is a unique, cutting-edge technology to improve ABA service delivery! More than just data collection software, GAINS® is an intelligent support system that guides and coaches instructors through complex ABA programs to improve program fidelity. With a simple, user-friendly interface, GAINS® reduces instructor training requirements, overcomes record-keeping challenges, and keeps the focus on the learner.
How is GAINS® different from computer-based record-keeping programs?
GAINS® provides real time decision support for instructors through each complex ABA therapy step, like a navigation system. Every individual learns differently and at their own pace. GAINS® remembers exactly where a learner is in any given program, making instruction easy for a diverse team. Just open GAINS® and pick up where the learner left off with no disruption in learning. GAINS® even updates targets and tracks mastery automatically. GAINS® supports teachers and caregivers, so they can help individuals lead more social and productive lives.
Does GAINS® replace clinicians and staff?
No. GAINS® does not replace clinicians and staff, it merely assists them in providing quality ABA therapy programs for the learners they serve. GAINS® takes care of routine work and allows them to focus on their clients.
What are the components of GAINS®?
GAINS® consist of three components:
- Algorithms and database housed in a secure, HIPAA-compliant server the cloud
- A supervisor portal which allows clinicians to manage staff, create student curricula, track student progress, and generate reports
- An instructor interface which supports an instructor during ABA therapy and automatically records granular data via a smart phone or tablet and bone-conduction Bluetooth headphones
How does GAINS® work?
Using our secure supervisor portal, clinicians can manage staff, create student curricula and track progress, and generate reports. Then via a smartphone or tablet, our user-friendly app guides instructors to implement ABA programs with fidelity, collect behavioral data, create session notes, and keep team members up-to-date with in-app comments
How much does GAINS® cost?
Check out our Pricing Page
What Capabilities does GAINS® have?
- Real-Time Program Guidance, anytime and anywhere it’s needed
- Discrete Trial Teaching (DTT)
- Task Analysis (TA)
- Frequency, Duration, and Interval Recording
- Group Sessions
- Session Notes
- Errorless Teaching
- Behavior and ABC Event Recording
- Automatic Graphs and Reports of Learner and Instructor Performance
- Program and Curriculum
- Customizable Prompts and Prompting Hierarchies
Where can I learn more about GAINS®?
Please use the Contact Us section of this website.